Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Low latency ram ( is it good)

 Markinson Zibbik asked me if low latency Ram is good and if there is any need for it??
This is a question that many people have and I will explain it in very simple terms.
 Well The answer is  that depends on the task you are doing. I use my Pc for Programming and coding and for gaming etc. Its due to the gaming aspect that I have used a low latency ram.

If you have that kind of hiend work that requires a lot of ram and you and willing to spend a little extra for it then investing in this kind of ram is good.  there are various clock speeds the lower they are the better. (normally)
 There is also the mz that they run on. Its also good to consider using a ram with good heat spreaders as they get really hot and will prolong the life of the ram.

The ram I use is a Gskill 8400 ddr2 1100 mz ram with a latency of 4-4-4-12. this was the best that i could find when i made my Pc and I am really happy with the performance of them. I was so happy that this week i went and got another set of the ram and popped that in too.
here are the pics. (I know the pics are not good Blame my friend who took it..lol)

                                           The new ones come with Black heat spreaders

                                                                     Packaging

                                           Above is my previous ram with Silver heat spreaders.

                                                        Installing my new ram
                                       My Old and new ram together taken through the case window

The place where low latency ram really  shines is when you put a lot of load on them. They do a lot better than normal ram when put on load hence they are ideal for gaming and things that put a lot of load on the pc. You will never see any lagg on the pc even when you are pushing it to the max. So if you have that kind of usage on the pc and dont mind spending a little more then go for it.

Hope that helps.
If you have any questions or comments  just email me or leave a comment.


3 comments:

  1. Why does the Control Panel crash every time I try to remove a user from my computer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude I think you are having a virus on the pc. what you are saying happens when the pc is effected by a Trojen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fast face detection, blink detection, new self-portrait assist mode and Eye-Fi connectivity for WiFi capability make it easier to share pictures with friends and social networks.
    eb5 visa

    ReplyDelete