Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Nokia to use Windows Phone 7


This was a shock to everyone but its true, Nokia has made a pact with Microsoft and will use the windows phone 7 on its future phones. We never thought Nokia will do this and even I thought that Nokia will keep working on symbian as it always has and also put on meego.
    According to sources Nokia will not scrap the symbian which was the largest selling smartphone OS till last year and true it has been hit this year by android. Maybe thats the reason for Nokia to take such a step.
   Expect the symbian line up of phones to still come up and more and more improvements to come on them, and a separate lineup of Windows 7 phones.
   Many of you wrote into me asking what will happen if i am a symbian user, will i stop getting support from Nokia?  Well even I am a power symbian user currently and had the same question. on talking with some people at Nokia I was assured that I don't have to worry and that I will get support, and that Nokia is not scrapping Symbian, just adding windows 7 phones to the lineup.

As usual if you have any questions or comments just email me or leave a comment    

No comments:

Post a Comment