Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I got a new phone

I was having issues with the nokia n97 browser and also with the software.
 Dont get me wrong its a great phone but it was not the perfect one for me as the software let it down. the hardware part was right but the software was weak. I have to do a lot of multitasking and it was giving me out of ram issue.!! So I had decided to get another phone to be my primary phone.
As you know really digging the nokia n900 Nokia's pocket computer and on using the device I was impressed.  And the device is a great for multitasking. So good that it can run 50 applications and still no lagg. How it is able to to do this is it has a total of 1gb or ram (256 fixed and 786 shared page). It is one of the only phones I have seen that has septate graphics and audio chip. so you can see its a real computer with phone built around it. There in lies the only problem. its great as a tablet and trust me there is nothing I found in the price range that can beat it. And trust me it totally kicks the apple Ipads butt. And there is nothing that can beat its multitasking capability. And the web browsing is the best you can ever find. That being said it lacks some basic stuff. you can say its rough around the edges. thats cause its a basic phone built around a computer.And there are some issues with the software. Like the music player is great but it lacks a equalizer. and many other bugs. You will say its Linux and you can program it easily but i am paying the full cost of the phone and why should i get a incomplete phone that i have to work on to complete.
  So then I was hunting for the new phone.. I wanted something that will let me work online just as good as on a pc, and it should also let me stay connected with my social accounts and my email. push mail to be precise and last and not the least let me stay online 24x7 on my IMs and skype calls .
  I got the answer in the form of Nokia E72. You might be thinking that i am only looking for Nokia.. no  I was in the market looking at every brand available, at prices till 1000$ and this was the best one i could get. and dint cost me much either. I have used the phone for a Day now and the phone is a great phone both as a phone and a internet device. The internet browser is so good on the phone that i am actually effortlessly creating this entire post on the device. The camera is a 5 mp and its really great. really impressed by it. the screen is very sharp.The phone easily fits into my pocket and is very light. It is a dream because of this. at the end of the day the more pocket-able the phone is the more easy you will use it. I am very happy with it so far.  Many people were saying that they are getting freezeups on the phone but I have not even had one yet. Its never given me out of ram issue like the nokia N97 and the battery life is very nice. The phone is able to do a lot of multitasking without a sweat. I was able to use nokia maps IM client , Mail client , music player , and web browser all together and  that dint cause any problems to the phone. Email client on the phone is a dream. navigation is very nice.and the phone is ready for all this out of the box and you dont have to install anything on the phone for all this stuff. Thats a good thing. The audio quality is better than many music phones and even standalone music players. so in short i am very happy with this phone... i will tell you more about it and my impressions and if any problems in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment